Saturday, December 04, 2004

A strange thing in Japan is suicide. Japan has the highest rate of suicide in the world. And one particular shape suicide takes here is the proliferation of group suicides, people who meet online or by accident in public with the aim of finding a group to kill themselves with. I'm terribly interested in it for some reason, and am writing a story because of that terrible interest. But this is one configuration of group suicide I haven't found until tonight. It gives me the shivers.

And to wash down that bitter pill, a terribly cute blog I stumbled across.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joufy said...

Wow! Thanks for the link! How did you find me? Great blog you have here. I'll be sure to keep an eye on it!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Christopher Barzak said...

Hey Jessica! Cool to see you here. I stumbled across your blog by jumping from Japan blogs to sites they had linked to. I think the teacher Matsumoto had a link to your blog, and since it had Margaret Atwood in the title, I decided to go have a look. I love her books too, and I love your blog.

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home