Sunday, November 27, 2005

Thanks

Things I am thankful for:

I am reading Paul Park's A Princess of Roumania (thank you Christopher and Gwenda), and it's wonderful. I haven't been glued to a book because of such a wonderful, intriguing, fantasy world to discover in a long time.

Karaoke. As I recently wrote a friend back in the States, if heaven is a subjective place where we get to choose our own version, my heaven will be a karaoke room where you can order everything from sushi to french fries and a variety of alcoholic drinks and have it all brought to your room where I and my friends are having fun together, entertaining each other. I could spend eternity in such a way, but I'm not sure if all my friends would a.) want to be stuck in there singing karaoke and eating sushi for eternity and b.) I'm not sure if we'd all fit in there. We'd definitely have to reserve the big party room that comes with a tiny little stage. Hey, even better!

Which leads me to the next thing. My friends. All wonderful. Even the ones I don't see so very often, I love you heaps.

And my life in Japan, which has given me so many things, I don't know how to even express in a sentence or two how grateful I am to have had the chance to live here.

And my family of course. I miss my nephews and nieces.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey doll, back at you. You were terribly missed at T-day. Everyone is gone now and George is wandering around looking for them.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Maureen McHugh said...

I'll come to your heaven. Because in heaven I'll be able to sing.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Jody (White) and Juan Leon said...

To my beloved friend and karaoke parter,
MOSCOW MULES RULE!!!!
Thanks for the good times this weekend. You know we will be singing "Sowing the Seeds of Love" in our sleep for the next week or so. Long Live karaoke room 10!

All my love,
Jody

7:51 PM  
Blogger Christopher Barzak said...

Yay! I know Maureen and Jody will hang out in my room in heaven. Great start. :-)
And you needn't be a good singer to sing karaoke, Maureen. If you have a hard time carrying a tune, we just have to find you a talking song, as I like to call it, where the singer really doesn't sing so much as talk more fluidly than usual.

I had Thai for Thanksgiving too, Gwenda. I made an apple curry. It rocked. I love Thai.

12:07 AM  
Blogger Nathan said...

Glad to hear a good report on Paul Park's novel. I think he's one of the most under-rated writers in the genre. I'll have to buy the book.

1:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh dear, i am thankful for you too. i am the worst, though, for keeping in touch. i have some interesting news that i keep meaning to share. i'll email you thouhg.

I LOVE YOU, CHRISTOPHER!

brooke maire

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home