Saturday, June 05, 2004

So I watched "Love, Actually" again tonight. I saw it at the theatre when it came out last Christmas, and loved it then, even though I had all sorts of minces and quibbles with its easygoing sort of take on love, and its easiness in getting people together, and how most of the people end up with happy endings, except two, I believe, and I suppose I shouldn't let that stuff stop me, and it doesn't really, because I grin and laugh and feel all glowy when I watch the movie, which always pisses me off to end the movie realizing I've been taken in once again and made to "feel good". Hmmph. Anyway. I watched it because Karen M. told me at Wiscon that if the movie of my life would ever be made, they should get that guy who plays the guy in love with his best friend's wife (Andrew Lincoln) to play me. I watched it again tonight looking to see if there was any comparison. I think it's the eyes mainly. He's far fitter than I, and obviously has a better budget to buy his clothes with. But I do like the look of him. How egocentric is that? heheh.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gwenda said...

But can he rock "Love Shack" like you do? "I Touch Myself?"

He's not worthy.

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the look of him too. He's a pale substitute for the real thing but I'd cast him as you. If *you* had been cast as *him*, of course, the movie would have gone differently. He was a visual artist and had to do all his romancing through a choppy video and big gawky cue cards, but you would have come up with some sweet-talkin words and gotten the girl.

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goddamn anonymous posting. You know that was me. -Karen

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home