Wednesday, October 20, 2004

We're having another typhoon, which means high winds and lots of rain being thrown around, but one short entry before I go to bed. Found out today that my story, "Realer Than You" will be in the next Ellen Datlow/Terri Windling YA anthology for Viking, The Coyote Road, out in 2006. Really excited. This was the first story I wrote after moving to Japan. It's set here in Ami, the town where I live, and also Tokyo. I hope Charles Vess does artwork for the stories like he did for The Faery Reel. That would be icing through and through.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, cool! (they haven't told me this.) sdn

2:18 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Awesome sale! Congratulations, Chris.

Oh, and how did the skit go?

10:15 PM  
Blogger Gwenda said...

Yay!

And we were just worrying about you in typhoon-weather, so keep updating that you're okay and alive and stuff.

11:54 PM  
Blogger Christopher Barzak said...

Hey thanks, everyone. Still excited. The typhoon has passed, sunny out now, though I hear another one may come tonight. One of my coworker's cars is stuck in a rice field somehow. I've not been able to decipher whether it's stuck there because of the typhoon or not. We haven't done the skit yet, Dave. We'll be doing it this Sunday. I'm nervous. I hate speaking Japanese in front of the kid's parents for some reason. I think I'm afraid they'll think I'm stupid because I'm only able to talk in simple sentences with them, and I'm sure I have a really funny accent.

2:34 AM  
Blogger John Klima said...

Well, I've finally gone and added you to my RSS aggregator. I kept forgetting to come read your blog, but now your blog comes to me. Glad to hear you're safe.

John Klima

4:22 PM  
Blogger Christopher Barzak said...

Hey John, good to see you!

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Chris! Glad to see more of your work going into print.

- Steve Berman

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home