Thursday, September 22, 2005

Immature Thoughts

Sometimes I have these really imature thoughts that, while immature, I can't help but entertain. For example, why is it that when we have "liberal" leaders in office and things like natural disasters or economic disasters happen, the right wingers and religious fundamentalists say it is God's punishment for the liberal trends in our culture. Yet when these same events happen under the helm of a Christian, right wing adminstration, none of these people say a damned word. Not one.

That's my immature thought for today.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw this great bumper sticker the other day that helps to explain it. It said; "Frodo failed, Bush got the ring."

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Much talk that the flood was caused by the sins of people of New Orleans. In fact, I see that someone blamed the Katrina devestation on the California legislature's having passed a gay marriage bill. God's aim, apparently, is a bit off.

Rick

12:21 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

I think God's pissed at oil.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Hal Duncan said...

I think God's stoned on oil fumes.

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's the big difference between a left wing and a right wing blog: we're all just guessing about God's intentions. In a right wing blog, God is speaking to them personally.

Rick

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also wonder why "liberal" or non religious people don't put the blame on global warming and our inadequate effort to stop it. Looking at the traffic jam from afar, I cannot help but think about the waste of the car society. Also, it should be a good time to think again about the gun control, too. All the weapons we need to fight against superstition with is knowledge and science, isn't it?
Yoshio

2:06 PM  
Blogger Christopher Barzak said...

Much agreed. I don't think liberals are loud enough in the first place. It's one of the things I liked about Michael Moore. He at least knows how to shout back.

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home