Sunday, October 16, 2005

More Good News

I'm having a fortunate month this October. Just received word that I've been awarded a Travel Research Grant from the Speculative Literature Foundation. I'll be using it to go to Kyoto and Nara before I leave Japan so I can gather some material in that area of the country for part of the novel-in-stories I'm working on here. I'm really grateful to SLF for this, as Kyoto is a ways to travel for me, and this will make it much more easier for me to visit the old capital of Japan this spring.

Other than this, Christopher Rowe's journal site has changed to here. Cool new online quiz via his new page, What D&D Class are you? You know you have to take this one!







Mystic Theurge
29% Combativeness, 33% Sneakiness, 94% Intellect, 63% Spirituality
Brilliant and spiritual! You are a Mystic Theurge!
Score! You have a prestige class. A prestige class can only be taken after you’ve fulfilled certain requirements. This may mean that you’re an exceptionally talented person, but it probably doesn't.
The Mystic Theurge is a combination of a cleric and a mage. They can cast both arcane and divine spells, and are good at both, making them pretty terrifying on the battlefield. They have more raw spellpower than just about any other class.
You're both intelligent and faithful, but not violent or deceitful. I guess that makes you a pretty good person.







My test tracked 4 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:



















free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 9% on Combativeness





free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 40% on Sneakiness





free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 93% on Intellect





free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 83% on Spirituality
Link: The RPG Class Test written by MFlowers on Ok Cupid, home of the 32-Type Dating Test

4 Comments:

Blogger elad said...

CONGRATS dude! have a great, inspirational, time!

10:43 AM  
Blogger Christopher Barzak said...

Thanks Elad!

10:54 AM  
Blogger David Moles said...

Wicked! Feed lots of deer, and get your picture taken with lots of schoolgirls!

(Hey, a college friend of mine who I haven't seen in several years and her partner ended up in Kyoto -- I could drop you her email address if you like.)

12:00 PM  
Blogger Fish Monkey said...

Congrats, Chris! This is awesome!

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home