Sunday, March 26, 2006

Away

In Kyoto at the moment. It's a gorgeous place, the cherry blossoms are trying to push out of their buds but I think we're going to miss them by a few days or a week. Tomorrow is Nara and then back home to Ami by the evening so I can move out of my apartment on Wednesday. Three weeks left in Japan. Saw some American tourists having trouble figuring out how to withdraw money from an ATM machine here and stopped to ask if they needed help. Was told by the mother, very rudely, "No!" as if I was going to shake her down for all she had, even though her son in the ATM box was shouting back, "I have no clue what to do with this thing. It's all in Japanese." Oh well, suckers, guess that's what you get. Totally going to have to walk around with blinders on and ear plugs in when I'm back most likely. Sigh. America the beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home