Saturday, July 15, 2006

More of New York

Trying to catch up from my week in New York and at Readercon, which was a wonderful week indeed. While in New York I found a most amazing Japanese izakaya (traditional pub) where I was able to enjoy chu-hai and shochu and sake as well as all my old favorite Japanese foods as well. All of the staff were from various parts of Japan and it was so good to hear the woman who seated people call out to the other servers, "ni nin me sama!" Two honorable guests! And for the cooks and servers to call out thank you in Japanese as we left. For friends in Japan who may not believe a real izakaya can exist outside of Japan, I've taken pictures to prove it! It was the real deal!












I also took some pictures of a couple of my favorite places in New York, Times Square and Washington Square Park:


































More pictures to come from Readercon. That's all for today. I have a date with the second and third episode of Tipping the Velvet, which is proving to be as exciting and racy as the novel. I already know what happens but can't wait to see it actually played out. I wish I could write big, thrilling, lesbian historicals like Sarah Waters!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice photos. Haven't been to NYC since 2002.

*has NYC pangs*

Uh...sorry about that, where were we? Ah yes, _Tipping the Velvet_: it's dead good. Have you read the book?

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Duh, sorry, please ignore the earlier comment (indeed, probably just delete the last para): you *had* read the novel, I am a speed-reading ignoramus.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Jody (White) and Juan Leon said...

yeah... I wish you wrote lesbian novels too!

By the way... it that a LIME SOUR I spotted in your pictures. Japan and its crazy drinks miss you!

Love,
Jody

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home