Sunday, October 03, 2004

Just watched the presidential debate, and I have to say I have a huge crush on John Kerry. I actually wasn't happy when he was chosen as the Democratic candidate, but I like many people thought, "Well he's the lesser of two evils, I'll get behind him." Now, though, after getting to hear him speak in the debates, I am simply amazed at how articulate he is, and how intelligent. I love his ability to point out things like how being certain doesn't mean being right. He has a really keen specific intelligence, able to cut through the big picture and point out how all the trees roots are growing together under the soil. He's such a more interconnected and integral mind than Bush and his administration. That makes me feel more at ease with him as the Democratic candidate than I was before. I feel like I can really get behind him now.

Let's hope my vote will actually get counted. I find it strange that I have to hope for that. Isn't it one of our "rights"? Shouldn't the precautions be taken to make sure that this "right" isn't taken away from me?


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

here's the thing, monkeypants:

John Kerry is NOT HOT.

not even kind of. Step away from the sake.


<3
amber

11:00 AM  
Blogger Christopher Barzak said...

But did you know he can tie a cherry stem in a knot with his tongue?

I didn't think so!

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If he can do that, he'd be wasted in the Presidency.

1:10 AM  
Blogger Christopher Barzak said...

Not at all wasted. You don't have to make a *Career* out of tying cherry stems in knots with your tongue. This must be Bowes that posted that remark. Only he would immediately leap to making money off it. heheh.

1:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's you who leaped to the idea of making money, rentboy.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Christopher Barzak said...

Yep, now I know it was Bowes. hehe

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home