Wednesday, November 03, 2004

I don't think I'll be posting for a while, not till I get over this. My heart is broken. I don't care that Kerry lost. I care that Bush won. I care that I don't feel comfortable in my own culture, that I'm surrounded by people who would deprive me of my rights, my voice, my opinion, who would make me second class in many circumstances, who will gain more and more power over the next 4 years and who knows what they'll do with it then.

I'm glad I'm not in America right now. My country has failed.

Whenever I complained or critiqued aspects of America in the past, a lot of people back home in Ohio would just say, If you don't like it here then go somewhere else, as if America had nothing wrong with it, as if critiquing your own country to make it *better* isn't a patriotic thing to do.

Well you got what you wanted. I've gone somewhere else.

I don't know when I'll ever even come back to it. Not for a long time, if I can help it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Chris, I feel much the same way. I feel like walking around downtown screaming "No taxation without representation!" because the zealots control everything now. I feel like putting out an ad to find someone who voted for Bush, to take them out for coffee and discuss it until I can begin to understand; but I feel like I couldn't, and that one of us must be from a different planet. The thing is, perhaps it's me, and perhaps I don't belong here after all.

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home