Saturday, July 02, 2005

Lately...

Thanks to everyone who offered advice or notes of good tidings about my previous post. It is all greatly appreciated.

In other news, I think it's finally happened: I've become detached enough from the roots of my own language to experience something very much like either a reality breakdown or something sort of transcendental. I don't really even know how to explain the experience well, but I'm glad I'm having it; even the less pleasant aspects of it are rewarding, I suspect.

In other other news, I've gotten back to work on my second novel. For a few months, I was sort of on hiatus, only working on it in fits and starts. Am now moving forward once more and am happy to be back in it again. I have the first 150 pages, or thereabouts, and am planning on having it done before I come home next Spring, as I'm sure it'll be difficult to work on it as I'm trying to reacquaint myself with America.

Hope everyone has a good Fourth of July. And happy birthday, Mom!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes and the phone call. All I can say is with both our birthdays in July look out for the party when I get to Japan. Love you bunches, Mom :)

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home