Thursday, July 29, 2004

Okay, just a little political pissiness.  Everyone who disses John Kerry seems to dis how he "flip flops" on issues.  Now take that as you will, but I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing in and of itself, this flexibility.  Maybe it's happened on some issues that he shouldn't have, I don't know.  But the idea of flip flopping on issues themselves I don't think is a bad thing.  It's much better, I'd say, then having someone in charge of things that is close minded and doesn't listen to anyone else's ideas and who charges in on a plan of action, and even when he realizes it's the wrong one, won't stop and reevaluate his decisions and try to figure out a new course of action.  I'd rather have someone who can say, hey, I was wrong about how I thought on this issue, and I'm changing my mind about it.  Like I said, maybe there are specific issues Kerry changed his mind about that would frustrate me too, but the idea of someone being dissed for having the capability to change their ideas and how they feel towards various issues in and of itself is ridiculous. 

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Real Men don't change their minds. VERY real men don't even have minds.

10:18 AM  
Blogger elad said...

I saw the surprisingly well-spoken Jerry Springer on MSNBC a day or so ago and he was, suprisingly, interesting. On the difference between Republicans and Democrats, he said, "Republicans believe in bumper stickers. In black and white slogans. Democrats acknowledge that issues have complexity and their policy decisions sometimes don't fit on bumper stickers."

I liked Kerry's speech. There was some imagination there, some indignation, enough anti-Bush without being anti-"the troops." Well-chosen language and with some real zingers. He should learn to improv a little, tho. Just a tad.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Christopher Barzak said...

Hahaha, apparently George Bush posted that first comment. Or my father. ;-)

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home