Saturday, July 17, 2004

What I'm reading:

The Confessions of Max Tivoli, by Andrew Sean Greer. Wonderful wonderfull stuff. I'm crushing hard on this one.

What I'm listening to:

The new Franz Ferdinand album. Good stuff, but it reminds me too much of The Strokes. Of course, they are smoother than the Strokes and in a way do the music better. There are at least two songs on the album that push my hottt button, so that is a plus.

What I just saw:

Spiderman 2. I love Spiderman. This one is better than the first one in a lot of ways. Loved it.

What I just did:

Went to the county fair with my mother and watched the steers show, the dairy cows get milked in their parlor, and the hogs laying on their sides in their pens, looking up at us squinty-eyed and pissed off apparently, at having to move around so much this past week. Ate lots of fried food, watched my mom continually be sought out for hugs and conversation by various young adults and adults that she has taught for the past 25 years as an elementary school teacher here, and ran into a few old schoolmates myself. Listened to some karaoke being sung at the fairgrounds. It was country oriented. I do not think my Love Shack or I Touch Myself renditions would have been appreciated here at this particular venue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home