Friday, August 13, 2004

After a turbulent beginning to this week, things are starting to settle again. I'm sad, but not so angry and disoriented now. I've begun focusing on getting back to getting ready to leave next Thursday (I can't believe so soon already). I decided to buy myself three dvds to watch during the thirteen hour flight on my laptop (in case I don't like the movies on the plane) and for some reason, completely without my knowing it, I bought three romances. All different genres. Amelie, Out of Africa, and Love Actually. I don't know what that says, but I am a sucker for romances, and I just hate to admit it, damn it, but it's true. Why on earth I chose these to have in Japan, I don't know. Apparently I'm preparing myself to have a good cry. I am so self-defeating sometimes. I should have bought action films and nothing emotionally engaging.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I've begun focusing on getting back to getting ready to leave next Thursday."

that's just so damn whack.

~b.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Christopher Barzak said...

I know, I can't believe it myself.

3:09 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Thursday already! Wow.

You'll be updating us frequently, I hope?

4:27 PM  
Blogger Christopher Barzak said...

Most definitely. Soon as I have an internet connection set up over there, I'll be posting again.

1:46 AM  
Blogger Matthew Cheney said...

I always thought Rambo was a romance.

I'll be thinking good thoughts for your long, long journey.

Cheers,
Matt

4:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home