Saturday, July 16, 2005

Stranger Magic Sometimes Happens for Beginners

You can read Kelly Link's Stranger Things Happen by downloading it here for free. Then, after you're done (or halfway through) and realize you're in love with her stories, you can buy the real book here. (Um, same page, but you can order the book at the top of it in small print it appears). Then, after that, you can go and buy her new collection of stories, Magic for Beginner's, here. But after that, I'm afraid I'm not sure what you'll be able to do but pine away for the next story, collection or word of affection until Ms. Link releases her next masterpiece.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just bought Kelly's book at Readercon (I know, I'm slow in acting, after reading her work in other places). Wonderful stuff (even though she teases me for reading the stories out of order).

Steve Berman

7:12 AM  
Blogger David Moles said...

Now, I thought you were going to point me to a mash-up. Unfair!

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The great thing about Kelly's stuff is that you (just me?) can read it 3141789341 times and still think on the 3141789342nd, "I can't believe I missed this really cool piece!"

But.

::pines::

- Hannah

11:42 AM  
Blogger Christopher Barzak said...

Gomen ne, Dave! I didn't mean to lead you on. hehe

And yes, you can read them over and over, I agree, Hannah. The stories are just that good.

And Steve, you really should read them in order. You kinda get a cool different perspective on them that way too, not just as individual pieces but flowing in and out of one another in a certain arrangement. ;-)

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home