Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Pointing to my vacation last week

Excuse me for being lazy, but I've got a ton of writerly work that's due/late and since it's my vacation from school, I'm catching up. The past two weeks were taken up mostly by being with my mom and aunt, showing them the Japan I know. And it was a blast, but now I've got to buckle down and get work done now that they've gone back home. So, in an effort to save time, I'm just going to point you to my friend Jody's blog, which chronicles much of the last week with my mom and aunt here, along with Jody and Katie, two other foreigners nearby, teaching English in Japan. We went to Hakone last week, south of Tokyo, near Mount Fuji, and stayed in a ryokan, a traditional Japanese inn, that had private onsen (hot springs) and gave us a wonderful dinner and breakfast. Much fun was had in the site seeing before we got to the ryokan, but I'll let the pictures (which can be clicked to made bigger if anything catches your fancy) speak for themselves. Note: Jody takes about three or four posts to do the few days we're gone, so you'll want to scroll backwards down to the bottom and read all the way up if, that is, you're truly interested).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home