Monday, May 01, 2006

Two Good Things

Today I heard Neko Case's album "Fox Confessor Brings the Flood" for the first time and had an immediate sense of calm and centering, like a cone of light had switched on and seperated me from the hustle and bustle of the store I was standing in. And Neko's music is something you can't get anywhere but here in the states, so this was good to hear and be reminded of things here I love too.

The second good thing of the day was reading the first issue of the new literary journal, A Public Space, which has a new story by the lovely Kelly Link in it, and also a section of interviews with Japanese writers and translators talking about America and Japan, comparing and contrasting. The interviews were so insightful. Go read this journal! It's wonderful! And it was nice to have some reading material that bridged my two homes.

I'm still really behind with emails, though. Sorry!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely two of my favorite artifacts from the past couple of months!

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home