Sunday, October 20, 2002

Went to hear Jackie's brother's band, Running on Empty, play tonight at Irish Bob's, a very blue collar homey bar on the South Side. They're somewhere between Radiohead, Rush, and The Red Hot Chili Peppers, which is to say, they're wonderful. Then we scooted over to the Mixx, the gay/bi/straight bar in the Uptown, where we shook our asses for an hour or so. I haven't been out dancing for a good month or so, and was glad to move myself around a little.

I graded essays in the afternoon.

I wrote a little in the thesis introduction, not enough though.

I also got the print version of The Vestal Review in the mail, where I've recently published a story.

I also got a copy of Megan Linholm's Wizard of the Pigeons in the mail too. Megan (or should I say, Robin Hobb)! Go back to writing books like this!

Love and more love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home