Thursday, August 26, 2004

Pictures, as promised.

An outside shot of my apartment house.
Ahban Haitsu

A view of the field and cemetary in the distance from my back balcony.
Balcony View

A view of the apartment houses from my front balcony.
Other Balcony

A shot of my kitchen, and another angle of the kitchen.
Kitchen
Kitchen 2

My bedroom, and another angle of it.Bedroom
Bedroom 2

My living room, and a second angle of it.
Living Room
Living Room 2

At intersections on the road, you use these mirrors when you need to see if any cars are coming from the other directions. Here is another angle, and you can see me in this one, I think. They're actually really great once you get used to looking for cars in them, rather than turning your head back and forth, especially when there are high hedges right at a corner, which there are a lot of here.
Mirror
Mirror 2
Mirror 3

A neighboring house, my neighbors farm one and two, which I run past every day, and a view of the farmer's house itself.
Neighbors
Farm
Farm 2
Neighbor House

This road leads to my apartment complex. I run down it, cross the road, run past this house, and down this wooded trail. Inside the woods, there is this shrine, and people leave money and little trinkets on it like this (which I did for you Amber) and here is another view of the shrine as well.
Road
Running
Running Trail
Shrine
Shrine 2
Shrine 3

Oh, a picture through a gap in my neighbor's wall.
Neighbor Wall

Ah, the cemetary which is next door to my apartment complex, and another view of it.
Cemetary
Cemetary 2

A picture of some bamboo growing in one section of my running trail.
Bamboo

My friend Beth's website, which has or will have some pics from our Tokyo Disney trip on it.

Okay, that's it for now. I'll start taking pictures of people and other places now that I've gotten some of the immediate vicinity of where I live done.

Also, I realize now after posting this once that I didn't link the pics correctly. I'm too tired to go back and feed them into the text, so please accept this messier version.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris. how wonderful the pictures are from Japan. You have done a great job posting them for us. It looks so neat. You look great. Hobbsie jumped up on my lap when I was viewing them and looked too. Definitely you have neighbors near,the cemetaries look interesting also. The mirrors are a novel idea, are you using them when you drive?I am sure it took some time to post all of those pictures but dad and I really appreciate seeing them, it helps us see where you are living and your surroundings. I'm off to school, I'll email you later. Love you bunches, Mom & Dad

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Uncle Chris, I thought your pictures were interesting.The bamboo was big, and I like your apartment.The mirrors were cool and Disneyland was cooler.I went to orientation at school yesterday and my teacher is nice.I hope you are having a nice time in Japan,miss you alot.

your nephew
Justin
p.s. love you

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Uncle Chris, the pictures were really nice. I hope your book sells out good.I really liked the close up of you at Disneyland. I miss having you here,Do you like it at Japan?

your neice, Jenna

p.s. love you Uncle Chris

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trin!
Thank you for the shrine, and the trinkets. I appreciate. A lot. :)
you are swell and sweet and I miss you bunches. So strange you know, since it's not like, really, you are any further away than you were before, still in a country foreign to mine and all that, but I do.

xoxox.

11:34 AM  
Blogger elad said...

Awesome. Thanks for sharing, Chris.

I like the real-life-ness of these images, not the sweeping vistas and snow-capped mountains I'm using to seeing of Japan (ala Kyoto Olympics).

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mice, dammit. I want mice!

--Hobbes

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Natsukashii!

DMP.S. "Urban Heights"? Sweet!

7:48 PM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

Matt Cheney pointed me this way. You're going in my daily reads. I've always wanted to do what you're doing.

We've never actually met, but we have a lot of mutual friends. I'm Jeremy @ Fortean Bureau.

Don't worry about the language problems. Studies say that multi-lingual people recover quicker than strokes! So it pays off in the long run, right? ;)

-JT,

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Urban Heights"? With a field and a cemetery in the background, no less. Hee. Very nice pics, and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Also, when you have a chance, please kill Celia, for she has picked up on the "tottemo kawai" and has started to use it indiscriminately. Kill!

lisa

2:10 PM  
Blogger Christopher Barzak said...

Kills Celia.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Dang, you are in the country! And two bedrooms? What's up with that?!

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home