Sunday, August 06, 2006

Busy August

Right now = busy. I've finally found an apartment, a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful apartment in possibly the best location I've ever had when living in an apartment ever. I'm just beginning to move things from my folks' place out in the country into Youngstown now, so I'm going to be majorly busy this entire week, and then this entire month, because I need to go to the university and look through textbooks I can choose to use in my classes and decide what exactly I'm going to have my students read and discuss this fall semester. So lots of work to do to prepare for teaching again as well. It's been a while since I taught college, a couple of years, so I really need to get ready to do that again, as it's a different thing altogether from teaching English in Japanese elementary and junior high schools. In some ways, I feel all I had to do to make teaching English as a second language easy was to learn Japanese. But to make teaching college English easy for me, I need to prepare and organize even more, it feels. I have no idea why I would think it's easier to learn another language than organize English classes for college students who are mostly all native speakers, but for some reason I do think just that.

Anyway, I'll have spotty internet access until I can have it hooked up in my new apartment, so if I'm slow to respond to emails, please be patient and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyway, I'll have spotty internet access until I can have it hooked up in my new apartment, so if I'm slow to respond to emails, please be patient and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Don't worry, we forgive you. Mostly :-p

6:09 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Congrats, Chris, on all the new and exciting things happening in your life! We miss you here!

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Que bueno encontraste un apartamento esplendido! Puedes mostrarlo en este BLOG despues?

Fusakota

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home