Sunday, September 17, 2006

Home on the Range, Where the Deer...

I was taken out tonight by friends to a place in the foggy noman's land of Newton Falls, Ohio where karaoke is sung on Saturday nights in a countryside bar with a mounted deerhead that sings karaoke along with the singer. Unprepared for the mounted deer to sing alongside me, my immediate response was:

Did someone put something in my drink?????

Verrrrrrry scary!

But I plan to venture out there at least once more, if only to capture the singing mounted deerhead on video.

And they say Japan is strange.

5 Comments:

Blogger Christopher Barzak said...

Karen, it sort of mimes along with the song that's playing. No harmony opportunities, as I don't think it actually makes noise so much as acts as if it's singing. ;-(

Alan, I think I was singing "Walkin on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves.

Beth, agreed. hehe

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this Japanese product?
From US, it seems.


See,
http://www.wonderfully wacky.com

Buck the Animated Trophy Singing Deer Statue.

Fusakota

2:19 AM  
Blogger Jody (White) and Juan Leon said...

when you go back you MUST wear that silly deer shirt!

3:34 AM  
Blogger Christopher Barzak said...

I already have, my dear, deer! Or will. I promise.

3:59 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Uh-oh, now Japan will think it's a craze and put deerheads in every karaoke room! Thanks a lot, Chris! ;D

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home