Friday, August 27, 2004

Japan 1, Barzak 0.

A couple of night ago, I went to my first karaoke bar with Kevin and Beth and Megumi and Takayoshi. Let me just say, humbly, that the Japanese know their shit. Takayoshi and Megumi can sing English songs better than English speaker. Megumi did a hella good Never Ending Story, and Takayoshi, well let' just say Journey never knew a better lead singer. Japan: 1, Barzak: 0. Especially after Takayoshi's Cars Just What I Needed. Which I followed up with another Cars song, You Might Think, and I think we equicovated, but Takatoshi was better in general, I must admit, and will give him this win.

Tonight, though, we went karokeing again and I beat this shit out of Takayoshi with my Divinyls I Touch Myself and TLC Unpretty, as well as Cyndi Lauper's Girls Just Want to Have Fun, so we are back Japan 1, Barzak 1. And will stay there till the next karaoke event passes. I feel like I'm in the Olympics here, so cheer and believe that the USA can surpass the Japanese in Karaoke. I will soak it all in and test Takayoshi in our next event. I am holding my Four Non Blondes card to spring on him as a surprise. Little does he know the power of deep base Amerikan gaijin. Journey and The Cars be damned. I will pull out Love Shack when it's needed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bill S. said...

Finally, an Olympic event that I can root for the USA in. Go, Team Barzak!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

We're all pulling for you, man. I'm taking up a collection for a Stars-N-Stripes microphone for you to carry around in a ridiculously large leather case. But be careful out there, man. Who you gonna call for backup?

4:54 PM  
Blogger chance said...

Dude! you already used up your a-list material. Pace yourself.

*hugs*

U-S-A!
U-S-A!
U-S-A!

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home