Tuesday, January 16, 2007

New Zealanders Get It.

This was one of the most funny videos online I've seen in a long time. Thanks to Dave Schwartz for the link. Funny, but also I think indicative of both many American's frustration with the choices their government has been making in recent years, and also indicative of what I'm sure many other country's think of us.

We aren't what we used to be, and maybe we never were, but we're certainly becoming a jaded culture in the face of the horrendous mistakes our leaders have been making. I allowed myself a modicum of hope when the nation voted Democrats into power for the Senate and House this Fall, and I still am allowing myself a tiny reserve of that modicum of hope, but it's easy to see the Democrats, despite being in power, are pretty helpless because they can't figure out how to interrupt the President's plans without potentially looking like the bad guys come time for election in 2008.

History will remember George W. Bush as the worst president ever. Hopefully even a certain amount of U.S. citizens will learn from his failure not to vote based on values and morals. You can't legislate morality and values. You can't vote to make everyone believe the same things you believe. Differences should be honored and celebrated together. An attempt to flatten out a society so that everyone feels and thinks and lives the same way--and is considered less than human otherwise--will only bring a nation to its knees.

Thank you, Mr. President.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A veces me parece que Sr. Bush considera a si mismo
UN HOMBRE BUENO,
por su patriotismo absoluto.
El desorden de otras partes del mundo es su patriotismo.

fusakota

7:25 AM  
Blogger Philip said...

I agree with every word.... and I don't even live in the US.

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home